Sunday, May 24, 2009

Italia bounddd

Erin and I are in Budapest right now. Ali and Caryn just left for Paris for the day, then they're going home. Erin and I are meeting her friend Bayley in Rome tonight! In the beginning of this last excursion, I was really tired and sick and not looking forward to the rest of it. Now I am all rested and have a new energy. Being sick while traveling is possibly the worst thing EVER. No one can take care of you, nothing is familiar, and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball in my own bed in Vacaville. I have one week left in Europe, and I'm excited it's in Italy!
Amsterdam was awesome, but I was sick for most of it, so I just did a bike tour and went out a couple times. I don't feel like I missed too much.
Prague was BEAUTIFUL. You all need to go at least once in your life. There wasn't a huge agenda of things to do, so it was kind of nice just wandering around. Just walking around was amazing because it's just all so beautiful. The architecture of all the buildings is incredible. And it's cheap! It just kind of blew up as a tourist attraction so food and everything is still really cheap. That helped me out a lot because the bank account is not prettyyy.
After Prague we went to Budapest! Super random, but I'm glad we went. Less and less people speak English as you go more toward eastern Europe I think. We were spoiled, because in Amsterdam and Prague, EVERYONE spoke English. Budapest was kind of the same as Prague in that there weren't certain famous monuments to see; we kind of just walked around and saw the city. Yesterday we did a very Hungarian thing and went to the thermal baths. They were amazing. We just sat in the water for a couple hours and got a massage.
I didn't mention a very important component to our stay in Budapest.. We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel. It was GORGEOUS. Ali and Caryn work there, and they got three nights there for free, and were sweet enough to let Erin and I stay with them. It was pretty great. Erin and I shared a bed, and it was still really comfortable.
Erin and I are about to go to a fine art museum, get some coffee, and head to the airport in a few hours. Rome, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment